Adding Friends — 2.0 App for iPhone, iPad & Android | A Step-by-Step Guide
(*For the App 1.0 instructions, scroll down)
The CloudPets app is frequently updated, and these instructions might be slightly different from the latest version of the app.
- Log in to your parent account on the CloudPets App and tap “Manage Users.”
- Tap “Friend Permissions” near the top of the app, then click the “Invite Friends” button.
- Enter your friend’s email address, pick their relationship, then decide which child you’d like them to be able to message.
- When you’re done, tap “Send.”
- Your friend should now be listed as “Request Pending.”
- Your friend will get an email from CloudPets asking them to confirm their email address and sign up for a CloudPets account.
- Once your friend has created an account, you’ll see them in the friend list as a confirmed friend, and they’ll be able to send messages to your CloudPet, just like you can.
Adding Friends — 1.0 App | A Step-by-Step Guide
- Log in to the CloudPets app on your mobile device, and go to the Administrator Interface screen.
- Select "Manage Users."
- You should see your child’s account. Tap the “Friends” link next to it.
- Now, select “Add a Friend.”
- Enter your friend’s name, their email address, pick their relationship, then assign a special color to their account.
- When you’re done, select “Save Friend.”
- Your friend should now be listed as “Pending.”
- Your friend will get an email from CloudPets, asking them to confirm their email address and sign up for a CloudPets account. Once they’ve done that, you’ll see them in the same list as a confirmed friend, and they’ll be able to send messages to your CloudPet.
Becoming a Friend and Sending Messages to a Profile
If you would like to send messages to a CloudPet from anywhere in the world, you'll need to be added to a child's profile as a Friend. To do this, you'll first need to be invited by the child's parent or guardian who is in charge of approving messages before they're sent to the CloudPet. This person's device must be within 30 feet of the CloudPet. But you can send messages to a child's profile from anywhere, which this person can send to the CloudPet!
Once the parent/guardian invites you to become a Friend, you'll receive an email from CloudPets asking you to confirm your email address and sign up for a CloudPets account.
You'll then want to download the app, which you can reach by clicking either of the links below:
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.